For those of you who missed this as it was reported a few weeks ago…..A recently published book written by a palliative care nurse has attracted huge interest in the press. Bonnie Ware spoke to many dying patients and she wrote about the top 5 most commonly held regrets she heard:
* I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
* I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
* I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
* I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
* I wish that I had let myself be happier.
We live in a world of shallowness and superficiality and yet we are worried about deep issues connected with making our lives meaningful and fulfilling.